Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Widgets Development

Dear Readers,

I am exploring widgets hmmmmmm, looks cool and interesting.

BTW, Nokia does not spell widgets as widgets they use ‘s’ instead of ‘g’, so it is widsets for Nokia.

I developed widgets using yourminis sdk, yahoo sdk and finally widsets from Nokia. Results are interesting. I found youminis widget develop as easy tool, their widget action script for Flash is very handy. I use yahoo widget converter to convert the widgets developed on yourminis. Great, it did work fine. Expect I was expecting some drop down list, which was not appearing.

Finally, on the Nokia, I tried with simple syndication service and upload the widset. It does not work. They do have option for the creating syndication (RSS) feed widget and I had tough time in figuring out why it not show up properly (the child items are not showing in the widget) And I found it is because of the rss version supported by Nokia. It has to be, Rss version 2. If you have developed some feed on your website using older version. Please do upgrade.

Testing is on going, you can see my widsets soon on Nokia… coooool

Thank you, Readers
JS

No comments: