Friday, January 2, 2009

Value Air / Jet star Booking web issues..

Dear Readers,

Those who travel and plan to use web booking for your travel,
please be careful on your selection on the website. I recently have to fly for day trip to Singapore from Jakarta. I thought i can manage by myself so i decided to avoid my travel agent and do it my self on the web. I decide to use valueair (since it is one of the cheapest at the booking date).

I knew and planned I will depart on 8th Jan 2009.

On the first booking page on the http://www.valueair.com/ website, I selected 8th Jan 2009 (value air / Jet star can check the web logs or audits if they record the logs from the customer) and I challenge my selection was correct.

On the second page, another selection of flight with timing appears and there is no clear indication of the dates what so ever.Please see the screenshot i capture here. The dates are displayed on the top “Tab” Panel. And you are provided with 3 days of flight details – First of all, I will question why this? I assume my selection was on the top (which is seems to be different date – sucks man) and proceed with the payment.



I notice when I was about to print and I want to change to the correct date (well, jetstar screwed this – it is not my mistake) and end up paying another USD 25 for the correction.

My question is, if I need to select again the flight on the appropriate row (which is confusing for me) why on the first place I had to choose the date?

In other words, why the system is not able to high light my selected date?

So confusing….sucks and screwed up.

Well, I wanted to call the call center and found the number from contact us page after few minutes of IVR and several minutes of ACD queue…I hang up.

The whole purpose of doing online booking is easy and convenience but looks like it does not work that way. If you are in rush, do not do any thing online (it is completely against it, isn’t it?) But that is what I found. Wanted to save few dollars by choosing cheap airline and finally I myself found paying more then what my travel agent proposed to me.

So, readers watch out…..

I hope the flight doesn't get screwed up.

Thank you, Readers
JS

3 comments:

kensrona said...

so straight forward i don't see any reason to screw up.

subalin said...

There are so many Private Jet charters who can provide the best service, but the final all is yours and that depends upon the price, advantages, features and offers they provide.

fay said...

Yes, i also had a situation with the JetStar system online. It was not a major issue for me, but it was confusing and i am sure many of their customers did call them up for help when they couldnt make sense of what was happening online